ChewyMoon Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ChewyMoon Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. The current policy is effective from 01/05/2018.
In order to provide you with the best, tailored experience of chewymoon.com, our site will need to place small text files, or ‘cookies’, or you computer.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Most cookies that we use are ‘session’ cookies and only exist for the time that you are using our site. They perform functional tasks – such as remembering that you are logged in as you move from page to page, or to pre-load your personal details into forms to save you time.
We also track cookies anonymously to fuel our site analytics and learn how to improve your chewymoon.com experience and hone the relevance of our products and services.
You can set your browser to reject all cookies. Please note that if you do this then certain areas of this website will not be able to function for you. Choose a browser setting that rejects third-party cookies but allows the benign, functional ones that make the good stuff work. We’ve worked hard to make chewymoon.com intuitive to your needs – why would you want to miss out?!
We also use technology that uses Internet Protocol (IP) information exchanges during the course of normal web activity combined with data-enhancement technology to get detailed analytics information. This doesn’t allow us to spy on you – it just allows us to see how well our site is working.
We also use third-party cookies to collect statistics in aggregate form in analysis tools such as Google Analytics and Optimizely. We also use Google Analytics Advertising Features. Read more about it and how you can opt out here. The cookies used are both permanent and temporary cookies (session cookies). The permanent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 24 months.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Security and personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Who is responsible for your personal data?ChewyMoon Limited, is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998, which implements the EU Data Protection Directive.
- Where is your personal data stored?The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
- What we collectWe will collect personal data that you submit to us, for example, when you place orders, contact our customer service or participate in competitions. ChewyMoon Limited provides snacks that meet the age-specific nutritional requirements of kids. We require this information to understand your child’s needs and provide you with a better product, and in particular for the following reasons:We collect the following information
- Name of parent
- Name of children
- Contact information including email address
- Age, hobbies & interests, activity levels, dietary preferences, taste preferences and other information for snack box and puzzle pack customisation
- How do we use your personal data?We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your personal account at ChewyMoon
- To process your orders and returns via our online services
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To send text message notifications of delivery status
- To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items
- To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services
- To send marketing offers such as newsletters and catalogues
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online
- To manage your account by carrying out credit checks
- To make analyses in order to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information
- To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online
- To send you surveys in order to give you a possibility to influence our offer and services
- To test and improve our systems by which the services are provided
- To prevent misuse or improper use of our services
- To calculate the Club points you are entitled to as a Club member
We will keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes above or for as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted.
- What are your rights?You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time (free of charge quarterly). If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legitimate grounds to keep the data, such as unsettled debts. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time. You can contact us either by sending a letter to ChewyMoon Customer Service, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ or by sending an email to [email protected]
- How do we protect your personal data?We have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation, unauthorised access. We continually adapt our security measures in line with technological progress and developments. To make card purchases with us as secure as possible, all information is sent in encrypted form. This means that the information is passed through a secure connection and that your personal data cannot be read by external parties. For card purchases we work with an authorised payment agent that helps us to check directly with your bank that the card is valid for purchases. Our payment agent processes your card details according to the international security standard PCI DSS, which was developed by the card companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. This means that your card details are processed with a very high level of security. When you pay by card, we reserve the right to carry out an identity check.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you are happy for ys to contact you with news, special offers and events
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ or by sending an email to [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Controller of personal data Mr L Jose on behalf of ChewyMoon Ltd 71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden London WC2H 9JQ United Kingdom E-mail: [email protected]