Anyone else love sushi and is daunted by the prospect of going 9 months without? Fear not, with our pregnancy safe sushi recipes, which are btw also brilliant for kids, sushi is no longer off the menu!
- Sushi rice
- Sugar, salt, rice vinegar
- Nori sheets
- Soy sauce and wasabi
- Smoked salmon
- Tinned tuna
- Spring onions
- Bamboo sushi mats
- Cook the rice according to instructions on the packaging.
- Cut the veg in long thin stripes.
- Let’s roll! Place a nori sheet on your bamboo mat, spread a thin layer of rice over nori (leave about 2cm gap at one short end), fill with your favourite fillings (see below) and roll tightly.
- Cut the roll into bite size pieces (you need to use a sharp knife, so this is definitely a parents task)
🍣 Smoked salmon, carrot, avocado roll
🍣 Tinned tuna/cream cheese (mixed, 50:50), cucumber roll
🍣 Crabstick, spring onion, mayo roll
🍣 Carrot, cucumber, avocado veg roll
TIP: You want to check your kids over before sending them back to the play room, sushi rice tends to not only stick to seaweed, but also to hands, feet, clothes, hair, furniture, floors and walls.