Hi Chewymoon Family!
We hope you are all well and healthy during this time of restriction.
The current global pandemic has meant we have more time than ever to spend with our little ones.
Although this can be a stressful period for us and our children, we are here to encourage you to make the best of these times and take the opportunity to create long-lasting memories with them, develop skills, boost creativity and most importantly have fun whilst doing it!
Parents of this generation have never been in a position like this before: it’s understandable that some of us may feel ill-equipped in keeping our children entertained within the confinements of our own household.
This is where our creativity as parents can kick in! There are opportunities to have fun in every corner of our home – we just need to be imaginative. However, if you’re stuck for ideas/looking for something new we’ve compiled a list below of fun activities that require little to no special skills or equipment to get you started.
Let’s try our very best to stay positive during this crisis, and ensure we’re using this time in a beneficial way for not only ourselves but also our little ones.
But remember, if you’re not a children’s entertainer don’t expect yourself to magically become one. If your kids are happy, you’re doing a tremendous job. Well done!
We hope you can try out some of our ideas below!
- Create Rice Krispie cakes- they are a cheap and easy, but a VERY delicious idea!
- Have a board game night- retrieve them from that cupboard & bring back some old-fashioned fun!
- Set up some indoor games, such as quoits or tenpin bowling.
- Keep your kids active & partake in PE with Joe Wicks every weekday morning at 9 am.
- Hold a talent show (encourage your kids to put on an act & create yes/no cards)
- Create rainbow art for the NHS. (Show your support for our heroes)
- Fort building- forts can keep your kids entertained for a long period of time.
- Create a sensory box (it can be as messy or not as messy as you like!)
In the garden:
- Have a treasure hunt (with our very delicious ChewyMoon snacks)
- Set up a sports day for your children, incorporate egg and spoon races, bean bag throwing, etc!
- Create an outdoor cinema, give your children tickets & make the garden as cosy as possible
- Take your kids on a beach trip, without going to the beach. Lay down mats and set up umbrellas & don’t forget the ice lollies!
- Encourage your children to get artsy & paint whatever they like from their garden.
- Develop their green thumb & give them some responsibility to look after the plants & suggest they should draw their own dream garden!
- Create flower crowns- collect some daisies from the grass and create some crowns with your children.
Your daily exercise:
- Make a “bingo” list of things you might see outside- whoever spots them all first gets a treat!
- Take part in the nationwide bear hunt & encourage your children to spot bears in your neighbour’s windows!
- If you have bikes do ensure that you take them out in this wonderful weather.
- If you do have any four-legged friends, take your kids out on a walk with them. It will be the best way to exert some energy.
So, once you’ve worked your way through this list- what’s next? Well, we’ll continue to share more ideas on our Instagram story @chewymoonbox & if you’ve been inspired by our list and decide to partake in any of the activities please share it with us & tag us in your stories and posts!
We hope you’re all keeping safe and well during this time, and that this has helped lift your spirits. If you hear of any of your friends struggling to know what to do, please share this with them. The more we support each other during this time, the easier it will be.
All our love,
The ChewyMoon Team.